Before and After

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Recently I was looking at old pictures and I couldn't believe how different I looked. It's crazy to think that just 16 months ago I weighed 50 pounds more that I do now. Although I had a certain level of confidence then...my confidence now is at an all-time high! I really believe that no matter how much you weigh or what size you wear it's all about how you feel about yourself. Before I felt good about myself but as the numbers on the scale kept growing along with my pants size I knew I had to do get serious about losing weight.

Before

Now 50 pounds later I feel amazing and have a sense of confidence that I haven't had in years! I still have five more stubborn pounds that I would like to lose but the most important part is that I am healthy and that I did it all by just watching my diet and exercising...who would have thought that really works! At my last physical my doctor told me that my blood pressure and cholesterol level was the lowest it's been since I was in my 20's! Now if that isn't a reason to keep up with this new healthy lifestyle I don't know is!

After

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! Although you were before. I am in the process of losing now (14lbs down, a whole lot more to go!). But once you start losing, it's so motivating. Also I love seeing success stories like yours, makes me feel like I can do it too...thank you!
~Karitsa

Laila Knight on May 15, 2011 at 10:59 PM said...

You look amazing and just vibrating with life. Good for you. I struggled with weight all my life. It's all about forming a routing, sticking to it and believing in yourself.

Alicia on May 16, 2011 at 11:54 PM said...

Bringing sexy back... LOVE IT!!! Work it, Mama!!!

Nikki on May 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM said...

@Karitsa - Thanks! You look beautiful too! I see your fb pictures and all your hard workouts are really paying off! We are our own success stories!!

Nikki on May 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM said...

@Laila - I AM vibrating with life! Thanks! I agree it's all about committing to a routine and believing that you can do it and most importantly you have to do it for yourself!

@Alicia- Yes, my sexy is definitely BACK!

Unknown on May 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM said...

How awesome is that! I love seeing things like this. I'm doing the weight loss thing and it gets hard sometimes. Hearing about people who've done it is inspiring. :)

Post a Comment