Celebrating all that is fabulous about being a mom and a woman!

Sunday, May 8, 2011

We are amazing aren't we? Mothers have a certain kind of resilience that allows us to cope with the small inconveniences of life as well as the major catastrophes. I love being a mom and although there have been times during my 21 years of motherhood that I believed I wasn't so good at it....I know now that I rock as a mother to my girls! That's right, I am tooting my own horn! Why shouldn't I? My girls are healthy, happy and loved! I didn't say I am a perfect mother but to my girls I am and that is all that counts! Have I made mistakes at this job along the way...sure! Was it always easy....nope! Was it all worth it...as I watch them grow into strong, confident and beautiful young women I say....ABSOLUTELY!

It took me a while, but I learned to find a healthy balance between being a mother and being a woman. I learned to make time for my girls but to also make time just for me. Sometimes we put so much time into making sure that our children are taken care of that we forget to take care of ourselves. I learned that being a mother means that at times I have to temporarily put aside my needs in order to provide for my girls but my needs MUST be meet eventually. From the first day that I became a mother I loved my girls unconditionally! But when I learned to love myself unconditionally I became a better mother!

So ladies if you know that you are doing your best at this beautiful thing called motherhood while still finding time to take care of you then lift your glass and celebrate all that is fabulous about being a mom and a woman!

Happy Mother's Day!



3 comments:

Mimi on May 8, 2011 at 4:02 PM said...

*clinks glass* Cheers to fab moms!

Alicia on May 11, 2011 at 1:59 AM said...

Loving yourself first definitely makes you more effective as a Mom. Cheers to pure fabulosity! xx

Kerissa on May 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM said...

Cheers! I'm glad you had a beautiful Mother's Day. It took a while for me to grasp the difference between being a mom and a woman. I felt if I were mom, I had to put being a woman on the back burner. Looking back I was young, wrong and learning. Now I see how important it is for me to be well so that my son's mom can be at her very best.

Post a Comment