Meet Phenomenal Woman, Shannon!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Since I started Loving Me Unconditionally I have meet some phenomenal women in the blogsphere. Shannon is one of them! Even though we have never met face to face we have so much in common that I feel like I have know her all my life. Check out her blog Her Cup Runs Over for encouragement, inspiration and a good laugh! She is truly a phenomenal woman!

************************************************************************************
Hi! My name is Shannon and I am a Chef, a Maid, a Counselor, a Nurse, a Chauffeur, a Teacher, a Detective, and on my days off I really love to BLOG. Just kidding, I am officially not any of these things, but I, like many of you have a family {so you know what I mean}. My BLOG is an extension of me and well, my heart mostly. A place where you can expect pieces of my perspective on what I call {Faith} {Froth} {Fabulous}.

{Faith} First and foremost, my very uncut and real walk with my Lord.

{Froth} That extra "stuff" that comes with a good cup of Joe, you know, head tilted back laughter and life's crazy fun.

{Fabulous} When I come across anything that I love...I just have to share it!

Speaking of love. I'm married to my high school sweetheart and a mom {agent} to 2 very favored young people.

When beautiful Nikki asked me to write something to be featured as a Phenomenal Woman on Loving Me Unconditionally I was HONORED and so excited. She is such an inspiration to so many of us and to get to be a part of this beautiful blog is amazing! I was thinking about what I should share and honestly the word Phenomenal gave me the shakes. What a huge word, full of meaning and power. It's not everyday that you hear people use this word. Needless to say, I did not take this assignment lightly. I kept asking myself, what makes me Phenomenal...*crickets* I had nothing. Then I decided to look up the word.

*highly extraordinary or prodigious; exceptional
uncommon, outstanding, surpassing, unprecedented.*

Now, I'm a word girl. I love them and use them often, hee hee. These were all words that I would use to describe someone I'd really like to meet, be around, spend time with. Words that I'd encourage my kids to look for in friendships. How many times have I told my kids that they are who they "hang around"?

That was it, Phenomenal is my God, my creator, my best friend. When we get close to Him and develop a relationship with Him, He makes us Phenomenal. Over my parenting years I have tried {still working at it} to encourage myself, kids, husband, friends and family to "hang out" with God. To be Uncommon, Outstanding, Surpassing, Exceptional and Unprecedented in our faith. I can never just settle for regular or normal...when I'm your friend, we are bound together. When I'm your mom, you can't shake me. When I write, it pours from my heart. When I eat...well let's just leave that one alone.

I am deeply honored to be able to share what I love with Nikki's friends. I thank her for revealing this powerful word to me that has given me such new meaning.

So very nice to meet you all!!!





4 comments:

Cam on July 12, 2011 at 5:20 PM said...

nice post! love the positivity. :)

Alicia on July 15, 2011 at 11:56 AM said...

This: "Faith, froth, and fabulous." Love. It.

Shannon, you sound absolutely phenomenal. Welcome to the community.

*waves hands*

Kerissa on July 26, 2011 at 1:40 AM said...

Promoting the Kingdom of GOD and a relationship with Him? Oh yes, Shannon is fabulous. Looking forward to checking out her blog.

Shannon on August 3, 2011 at 11:29 AM said...

Thank you SO much for all of the comments! I am so honored to be Nikki's Blogirlfriend! I'm headed over to meet you girls now! :)

Post a Comment