Feeling the Sunshine!

Monday, July 18, 2011

It's hard to believe that it was only three months ago that I had a dream that I was speaking to a room full of young girls. Although, I couldn't tell from the dream exactly what I was speaking about......when I woke up a little voice God told me exactly what my message was.
It wasn't long until I turned my dream into a vision and then the vision into my purpose: to educate, inspire and empower young girls.

After talking with hubby and doing some serious research I decided to begin a mentoring program for young girls called 'I Love Me! Unconditionally. I reached out to a small group of parents who I thought may be interested in having their daughters attend a week long summer camp for girls. I could not believe the positive response that I received which just confirmed that this IS my purpose. Then I got busy planning and preparing the topics that I would address as well as the activities to go along with the daily workshops. It was amazing how it all came together so smoothly, almost as if I had been planning this for years.

The summer camp was called the I Love Me! Summer Workshop for Girls and it took place July 11-15. It was an amazing week! Not only did the girls learn how to trust and believe in their dreams this week.... so did I! By the end of the week the girls had shared their feelings, recognized their strengths and weaknesses and learned that the way they feel about themselves is more important than how others feel about them. They bonded with each other in ways I couldn't even imagine and they made life-long friends. Both the girls and their parents want to know what's next for I Love Me! Unconditionally... this is just the beginning of what is in store so stay tuned...the best is yet to come!

Friday night after the camp was over I celebrated the success of the week curled up on my couch with a glass of wine and some yummy Chinese food. After I finished eating I opened up my fortune cookie and it read:
"Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves"
Instantly tears came to my eyes because today I am really feeling the sunshine!

Check out the website to read more about I Love Me Unconditionally.
www.ilovemeunconditionally.com


4 comments:

Shannon on July 18, 2011 at 11:39 AM said...

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. (2 9:8 NKJV)
Congratulations! Fabulous job! :)

Your Blogirlfriend,
Shannon

Cam on July 18, 2011 at 3:32 PM said...

I LOVE that you are doing this! That's incredibly awesome and needed. Your fortune was right on. Handle your blessings well and they'll keep coming your way! :)

Mimi on July 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM said...

How awesome. You are to be commended. I wish you success,

Kerissa on July 26, 2011 at 1:31 AM said...

Dreams really do come true. So needed and no better person to step in and give these young ladies a wonderful example than you. I'm always inspired when I read your posts so I can imagine the truths and love they'll find at I Love Me Unconditionally. Congrats & many blessings!!

Post a Comment