#dontjudgeme

Monday, December 5, 2011

One morning I stopped at Dunkin Donuts to get a very much needed latte. The woman in front of me ordered a coffee and then decided to also get a bow-tie doughnut. After she placed her order she turned to me, shrugged her shoulders and said..."sometimes we just have to treat ourselves, right?"

"Totally!", I replied.

As I drove to work I thought about her comment. I couldn't help thinking that she really didn't believe it. It was almost as if she felt guilty for having a doughnut and thought that I might have been judging her decision to indulge. But really who am I to judge? I think that we ALL do need to treat ourselves sometimes!

I know I do!

So please don't judge me if I:

~take a day off just to stay home and watch Lifetime Movies in my pj's all day! (I call it a mental health day)

~buy myself something that I really want for a change before I buy my daughters something they really want. (rarely happens but when it does I will not feel guilty!)

~get gel manicures every two to three weeks....religiously! (my nail lady gives the best shoulder massages while my nails are drying)

~wake up early on Saturday morning just to watch my shows on the DVR alone without anyone constantly reminding me that I can fast forward through the commercials! (ever think that maybe I want to watch the commercials?)

~have a glass of wine (or two) with my dinner on a week night.

~get excited when I am home alone. (I love my family but there is something about spending time with yourself that can definitely feel like a special treat!)

~order the Taco Nachos appetizer to share but secretly hope to eat it all by myself. (and I usually do!)

So ladies go ahead and have that bow-tie doughnut, pour that Wednesday night glass of wine or buy yourself something that you really want for a change. I won't judge you! We should treat ourselves whenever and however we want! Why not? Don't we all deserve it?


7 comments:

Celeste on December 5, 2011 at 1:18 PM said...

We totally deserve it! We as mothers are so use to giving everything to everyone else and many times forget to do the little things for ourselves that make us happy. I'm still struggling with this. I'll be thinking of you on MY 2nd glass of wine on Wed. ;-)

CHEERS!

Kim on December 5, 2011 at 2:00 PM said...

I agree! This is a great post. We should all treat ourselves because we do deserve it. Unfortunately I don't do it very often but I will try to in the future.

We love the 80ss on December 5, 2011 at 10:26 PM said...

Honey, I will not judge you or any one else for treating their self. That is so the way we need to be. Love it Mental Health Day! LOL!

Mimi on December 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM said...

A neck massage while your nails are drying? I need to find a spot like that!

I totally feel you on the being in the house alone. I rarely get that luxury and when I do I usually sleep!

Lisa R Charles on December 6, 2011 at 11:17 AM said...

Your list is fabulous! I can relate to many. The one that stands out, buying myself something before I buy something for my kids! Love it and do it often. I have 5 that can add up quick, lol!
Nice blog post and nice blog! I'm a new follower, let's stay in touch.

Nikki on December 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM said...

Thanks Ladies, I know it's so hard to actually take the time to treat ourselves but we do deserve it!

@Mimi- yes she has the smallest hands but boy are they powerful!

@Lisa C- Thanks and welcome to my little spot in the blogsphere. 5 kids...wow! Yes, you do deserve a little time for yourself! I look forward to "chatting" with you!

Shannon on December 12, 2011 at 9:54 PM said...

Great post and I'm about 4 behind!! What is happening!?!? How am I missing your posts?? I must investigate immediately!

Let's stay intouch,
~Blogirlfriend Shannon :)

Post a Comment