Our Mini Date at the CVS Minute Clinic

Sunday, February 26, 2012


This morning I woke up feeling horrible. I just knew I had strep throat, just one of the many perks of being a teacher. So I rolled over and told my hubby that he is going to have to take me to CVS Minute Clinic to get a strep test since my doctors office was closed. So off we went. When we got there 4 people were waiting to be seen before me. Great! What a way to spend our Saturday morning. So we took a seat in the waiting area and just talked.

Without the television, ipad, laptops distracting us we sat in the CVS Minute Clinic waiting area.... and chatted about everything and nothing at all. For the next hour we talked as though there was no one else in that waiting area but us. Funny we never even realized that we were sitting there for an hour...that is how engrossed we were in conversation and I can't really even tell you what we spoke about. But before we knew it they called my name and confirmed my suspicions...strep and an ear infection. As we waited in line at the pharmacy for my 5-day antibiotics treatment I told my hubby that I enjoyed our Minute Clinic date. He laughed and said, "only the best for my wife!"

Marriages need times like these to keep them strong. Sometimes we don't have the time to schedule as many date nights as we would like so when opportunities present themselves to just sit and talk and laugh..... why not take advantage of them! Although, I really wish that I was not sick.... I was glad he was there with me. The truth is it's all about how you spend the time together that matters more than where and when!


3 comments:

Shannon on February 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM said...

Very Cute! I love it that he was even there with you! Get better soon! Miss you Blogirlfriend!

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres on February 26, 2012 at 8:05 PM said...

I love this story! When you are married with children you have to take those special moments when you can get them. Sorry that you're sick, but happy that your marriage is healthy!

Feel better!

Bijee on February 26, 2012 at 9:32 PM said...

Here's to hoping you feel better (toast with pill popping and water - just popped some for my migraine). This is sweet though! I agree you have to get it where you can. Yesterday we went to get a massage and the lady at the desk was saying how cute we were cause we were just sitting there cracking up like no one else was in the room. Those are the best moments! Feel better chica!

Post a Comment