Me + This Blog =Therapy

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Friend of a friend: Are you still doing that blog?
Me: Yeah!
Friend of a friend: Are you getting paid for it?
Me: No....
Annoying Friend of a friend: So why do you still do it?

(Okay, let's pause this conversation here for a minute.)

I had to think about that question for a few seconds. But a few seconds is all I gave it. The truth is I love to write but by no means do I pretend to be a professional. Believe me, I am not expecting a literary award for this. I write about topics that I have experienced or care strongly about with the hopes that maybe someone can relate. It makes me happy to know that something that I wrote might make a reader smile, think, or be encouraged. When I sit down to write a post it is the equivalent of a therapy session for me. This blog has giving me an outlet that has allowed me to express myself. I have also gotten great advice from some amazing women and I am even able to vent freely when necessary! What more can you ask for from a good therapist??

So, no I am not doing it for fame or fortune. I blog for me and for the few who may be encouraged in some way. Because ladies....as I encourage you I am encouraging myself!

So now let's continue the conversation here:

Me: I do it for me! It's very therapeutic. You should really try it!



8 comments:

Miss Sara on November 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM said...

I completely understand... One of my reasons for blogging is the same. :)

Alicia on November 2, 2011 at 10:05 PM said...

Ditto. And DITTO! Blogging can be the best therapy ever! You told her! *Talk to the hand*

Kim on November 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM said...

Being that I'm studying to be a therapist I cannot promote the message "Blogging is cheaper than therapy" lol, but I do agree. Blogging is very therapeutic to me as well. When I first started blogging I didn't even know what it was all about and I didn't view any other blogs. I did it for myself and it showed my journey full of trials and growth. Its added bonus that people actually enjoy what I write and also can be encouraged by it. It's even better that the blogging community is so supportive and inspiring.

Mimi on November 4, 2011 at 12:10 AM said...

People who don't blog or don't read blogs will never get it!! I love to blog, I do it for fun, for the friendships and a whole lot of other reasons I can't put my finger on.

I agree, blogging is indeed cheaper than therapy!

Angela Johnson on November 4, 2011 at 4:28 PM said...

People think to do anything you ahve to get paid. Do what you love and the money will find you. Be happy and money will find you. People should stop trying to search for money. People need to find peace and a deep thought.

Nikki on November 6, 2011 at 10:22 AM said...

Thanks Ladies! I think we all agree we do this for us and it's an added bonus if we help someone(or get a little cash)as a result!

Reggie Kray on December 6, 2011 at 10:31 PM said...

I know I'm late but...

It is almost like talking to myself. I just recently started blogging and it has been very refreshing. As a male I though "who cared what I think or feel" then I said to myself " who cares".

It really is a free session without insurance our the sofa!

Amelia on December 27, 2011 at 12:22 PM said...

Different things work for different people and this blog seems to be the best thing for you. Writing is a very common form a therapy that many people find success with. Having positive feedback from the writing to reinforce our beliefs helps too; that's why blogging is great.

Post a Comment