Do You Know What Today is?

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yes, not only is it New Years Day (Hello 2012!) but it is also my first blogiversary! One year ago today I sat on this same spot on my couch and decided to start a blog as sort of an "online diary". I had no intentions on making this blog public. I had finally developed a healthy disregard about what others thought about me and just wanted someplace to celebrate the new unconditional love that I found! I was learning to embrace the flaws that I could not change and work on improving the ones that I could. I stopped making excuses and started celebrating everything that was fabulous about me! I realized that my titles of mother, wife, daughter, friend, sister and teacher make me who I am but in order for me to be the best I can be in all of these roles I had to go back to just being me and learn how to love myself unconditionally!
After I finished writing my first post- Allow Me to Reintroduce Myself (this is where I would normally link the post but for some reason my link isn't working so feel free to check it out on the blog archives list) I let my husband read it and he was so impressed that he suggested that I let my god daughter read it. So I did. She loved it and suggested that I open it up to readers so that other women may be inspired. So I did. Hired a fabulous graphic designer had a blog makeover and as they say...the rest is herstory!
This little space in the blogsphere has allowed me to meet so many phenomenal women. I look forward to reading many of your blogs because it makes me feel like I'm catching up with an old girlfriend. I have celebrated accomplishments with some of you and sympathized with your disappointments. I have learned fashion tips, recipes, decorating ideas and how to side hustle. This blog has even helped me become more social network savvy. I even joined Facebook and Twitter this year and even got accounts for Google+ and Pinterest (still working on figuring out these two)...if you know me personally you know that is a big accomplishment!

This blog has encouraged me to really think about what God's purpose is for my life and as a result I started my girl's mentoring program I Love Me! This past summer I started the I Love Me! Summer Workshop for Girls. It was an amazing experience for the girls and for me.

I appreciate each and every one of you! Your comments, encouragement, likes, tweets and inspiration. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey during this season of my life! Stay tuned....the best is yet to come!


4 comments:

K. Elizabeth @ YUMMommy on January 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM said...

Happy First Blogiversary!

Alicia on January 2, 2012 at 2:49 PM said...

Happy Blogiversary! You've had an amazing year and I can NOT wait to see what 2012 brings for you... Let's GO!!!

Tiffany on January 10, 2012 at 7:36 PM said...

I'm super late, but congrats!

Mimi on January 13, 2012 at 10:27 AM said...

I'm late, just making my rounds!! Happy Blogiversary!!!

Post a Comment