Journaling

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Week #1 of my Feel Fabulous Makeover kicks off today by starting my journal. People say that writing in a daily journal is a great way to keep track of habits and can even help with weight loss just by recording what you eat everyday. Personally, I never was a fan of keeping a written journal but two years ago when I was trying to lose weight I recorded my weight and BMI in a notebook every time I weighed myself and seeing those numbers go down or up was a great motivation. So there is something to be said about writing things down honestly and without judgment.

So the first thing I did was to get this inexpensive yet inspiring journal and designated it my Feel Fabulous Journal! (Love the message on the cover!)

The trick is not to make writing in the journal another chore to do in an already busy day so I am dedicating only 10 minutes each night to journaling. I also decided to keep my entries short so instead of writing everything down in detail I'll just keep it simple by writing short comments or even jotting things down in bullet form.

Most importantly, I will write how I feel at the end of everyday:
1. Fabulous
2. On my way back to fabulousness
3. Unfabulous

I am hoping that journaling will allow me to relax and release some of my frustrations at the end of every day and also help me to identify any unhealthy habits and areas in my life that may be the reason I have been feeling not so fabulous lately.

I'll keep you posted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment