A Message to My Daughters

Friday, February 4, 2011

Hi Ladies,

How many of you have kissed some frogs before finding your prince? I know I did! Although I must admit that some of those frogs helped me to love and appreciate my prince, I only wish that I could save my daughters from some of the heartbreaks I experienced. When I read this quote I knew it was exactly the message I want to send to my daughters. I want them to know that they NEVER have to settle for less than what they deserve. They ARE princesses and they deserve a prince..... not a frog! So here is a message to my daughters.....

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'"
~ anonymous


Loving you unconditionally,

Mommy

8 comments:

Nicole on February 6, 2011 at 6:18 PM said...

I absolutely love that message to your daughters. I have two daughters. My 18 year old is engaged to be married and my 17 year old is not dating at this time. This is the same thing that I want for my daughters. Many blessings to you and yours!

Alicia on February 8, 2011 at 11:22 PM said...

That's the perfect message to send to young girls everywhere!

Anonymous said...

Amen! Diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful message!

Ashanti on February 12, 2011 at 1:09 PM said...

i wish i cudd of saved YOU from all the frogs . i hope ive found my prince but your advice is alwys in the back of my head. to avoid heartache i say "he may be a frog in disguise"

ciara f. on February 14, 2011 at 6:11 PM said...

How sweet this post meant a lot to me. And its very true. Although sometimes i may say im never getting married i will keep this advice in my head always. thanks

Kerissa on February 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM said...

This is the type of man I pray I am raising my son to be! As a single lady it is the type of man I pray will find me if love and marriage are in the cards. All I ask is that he loves me with makeup, lol. One of my students gave me a pencil case for Vday with 2 of the black Disney fairies on it + this post = good things on the way!

A. A. Harrison on April 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM said...

That's my husband!

Post a Comment