Excuse me while I vent...

Friday, March 18, 2011

Why is it that the people in your life who are suppose to be the most supportive sometimes are the ones who are the most critical and judgmental? Believe me, I could write a book about these kinds of people. The ones who have never been in the situations you have been in yet are the first to tell you how you handled it all wrong. The ones who have no children but continue to question the choices you make for yours. The ones who although you were willing to forgive the hurtful comments they made in the past continue to spew more negativity. The ones who have the audacity to criticize you behind your back BUT in front of your children. The ones who never thought you would amount to anything and are amazed at how God just keeps on blessing you and your family! The ones who do ALL of those things and then say they LOVE YOU!

I am so over trying to mend these obvious dysfunctional relationships. I can no longer ignore the the blatant disrespect for me and this unfortunate situation has become a small but constant nuisance in my life and I can really do without it.

For those people I say, love me or leave me alone. I don’t need reminders from YOU that I have made mistakes in my life and that I am far from perfect, but one thing I can honestly say is that I am not is a hater!

So please live your life and let me live mine! Whew!! That felt good to get off my chest. Ok,I am done venting! Thanks for listening.

Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Alicia on March 22, 2011 at 2:23 AM said...

Should we break out the vaseline and hair wrap? Just kidding. Remember, this lent season, you are NOT sweating the small stuff. Oh yea... and call me when you need to talk.

Nikki on March 22, 2011 at 11:36 AM said...

Haha! The vaseline and hair wrap is not neccesary THIS time!!! Yea, not stressing over this but you know how I need to vent about certain things from time to time in order for me not to explode. I feel much better and have moved on!!!

Post a Comment