Inhale, Exhale

Monday, March 21, 2011

When we bought our house one of the big selling points was the Jacuzzi bathtub in the master bath. I remember declaring that Jacuzzi would be my home sanctuary, the place where I escaped to recharge my mind, body and spirit. I am embarrassed to say that in seven years I can count the amount of times I have enjoyed a relaxing bath in that tub!

So on Sunday I decided enough is enough! So I got up off the couch, poured myself a glass of wine, got my latest Essence magazine and had a relaxing bubble bath! When I was done (an hour and a half later) I asked my hubby why I don’t do this more often and he just shrugged his shoulders. I really don’t know why either! Why do I have to keep reminding myself to make time for ME?

Well, as of today I promise myself that I will go on a little retreat to my home sanctuary (master bathroom) at least 3 times a month. Even if I have to schedule it on my calendar like I do everything else for everybody else!

Here are the rules that I made for myself so that I can fully enjoy my pampering time:

1. light some aromatherapy candles
2. read a brand new magazine
3. enjoy a glass of wine or two
4. think only happy thoughts
5. inhale and exhale slowly


5 comments:

Alicia on March 22, 2011 at 2:18 AM said...

An hour and a half... NICE! I wish I had a jacuzzi bath tub. I could use one right. about. now. Good for you on making time for yourself. It's so important for your sanity.

Celeste on March 22, 2011 at 2:40 AM said...

Hi Nikki! So glad I stumbled upon your blog...It's beautiful and inspiring! Before my youngest, I use to take baths with candles, wine the whole nine and I LOVED it. That "me" time needs to happen again! Great post :-) When you get a minute swing by my blog for a visit and say "Hi"! Thanks for sharing!

CHEERS!
http://shallowocity.blogspot.com

Shannon on March 22, 2011 at 8:46 AM said...

OMG! I love your blog! My girlfriend at http://shallowocity.blogspot.com recommended that I come take a look and I'm so glad I did! Design+Content= FABULOUS!! You're invited to come over to http://hercuprunsover.blogspot.com anytime!

~Shannon
P.S. Jealous of your jacuzzi! Go girl! :)

Kristi on March 22, 2011 at 9:16 AM said...

I can soooo relate! I remember the excitement I felt over our jacuzzi tub when we bought our home. I had big dreams for it...yet, there it sits, one of the dustiest places in our house!
The lure of wine and candles may pull me back there. Thanks for the reminder!! :)
Thank you for stopping by my blog. It encouraged me. Following you back...and looking forward to getting to know you!
Be blessed~
Kristi

P.S. I love the title of your blog!

Kerissa on March 25, 2011 at 1:08 AM said...

Good for you Nikki. I have a regular bath tub in my regular apartment but I definitely make time to soak with a few magazines, a candle and wine. I stay there until I'm wrinkled and all the stress I was carrying has been carried down the drain. Taking care of me is essential!

Post a Comment