Sweating the Small Stuff

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Every year for lent my family gives up something that would be hard for us to live without or something that is difficult for us to stop doing. Usually, I give up some type of food but this year I am giving up STRESS! Yes, you heard me………S.T.R.E.S.S. You see, I have a little problem; I tend to let the smallest things stress me out beyond belief! I really try not to allow stress into my life but it has a way of creeping into my self-consciousness and before I know it 4:40AM and I am laying in bed staring at the ceiling wondering and worrying about things that I usually have no control over! It’s insane!

So for 40 days I will not sweat the small stuff and eliminate unhealthy stress from my life! How will I do this you ask? Well, first I had to identify some of the sources of my stress. I tend to worry about:
1. work
2. family
3. household responsibilities
4. inability to accept uncertainty
5. Unrealistic expectations
6. Perfectionism

Then I came up with a plan to deal with stress when it does rear its ugly head.
1. take a long hot bubble bath
2. call my bff for some fun "girl talk"
3. schedule a massage
4. get a pedicure
5. play "Just Dance" and break out in my best "uh oh" Beyonce booty shake dance!
6. Give myself a reality check because I have no real reason to be stressed because really my life is pretty darn good!

I would love to hear some ways you deal with stress! I could use all the help I can get!



2 comments:

Alicia on March 11, 2011 at 7:16 PM said...

That's a great thing to give up. No need to sweat the little things in life. Like, I was all worrying about something so frivolous this week, and then I woke up this morning to the news of the Tsunami. That put everything into perspective and I was like, umm, yea... it's not. that. serious.

I just might follow your lead on this one. Thankyouverymuch.

Kerissa on March 25, 2011 at 1:16 AM said...

Love this. I gave myself a pedicure and manicure last night. It was really late but I enjoyed every minute of the quietness and the super spring pink polish that looked great today with my maxi skirt. As I read your post I was reminded of the scripture which admonishes us to take no thought for tomorrow. Why worry? Can we do anything about the situation? If not, keep it moving. If we can, do it and keep it moving. Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment