41 and Fabulous!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

When I turned 40 I embraced this new decade in my life. I even threw myself a Fabulous at 40 cocktail party and celebrated the night away! I mean 40 is the new 20, right? That was last year. Now I am 41 and every now and then I say to myself…WOW, I AM 41! When did this happen? It seemed like just the other day I was in my 20’s and now my oldest daughter will be 21 in March. Seriously, where did the time go?

Although there are a few things that I miss about being younger (like a faster metabolism) I am enjoying this time of my life much more. I am more confident, focused and sexier (yeah, I said it!) than I ever was in my 20’s! There are some things that just get better with age. Every hardship and lesson learned in my youth has made me the woman that I am today. Every consequence to the good and not so good decisions I made lead me to this place and so I regret nothing! I truly have been blessed and will continue to embrace each fabulous year of this decade and all the other decades God allows me to celebrate! So is 41 really fabulous? Heck Yeah!

3 comments:

Alicia on January 24, 2011 at 12:22 PM said...

Confident, sexy, and freakin' fabulous... my kinda woman! The 20's can stay there... I'm sure you'll choose your slower metabolism and your wisdom any day.

Skinny on January 24, 2011 at 6:08 PM said...

I found your link through a comment you made! I love your blog! Time flies for me too, I'm 23, turning 24 and I can't believe how quickly it's going. I hope I can say I look sexy when I'm 40. I'm currently trying to lose weight! I just started so my blog is ...well, just getting started. You can read at http://agonizingweightloss.blogspot.com/

adrienne on January 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM said...

Happy Birthday!! I love birthdays. 41 and no kids at home? The world better watch out for you. lol.

I'm trying to get my weight under control now so I don't have to work twice as hard in my 40's. Actually, I think it's already slowing down. *sad face*

Post a Comment