It's not what you call me, but what I answer to!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Recently someone “jokingly” (at least I hope it was a joke) called me spoiled. ME spoiled? I have been called many things but spoiled was never one of them. So then I began to think about what it really means to be spoiled? Is that who people see when they look at me? In my opinion when someone is spoiled it means that they believe they are entitled to things without earning them or they have an over abundance of luxuries that they really don’t deserve. Okay, so I KNOW that is not me! Because when I think about all the things I have went without in my life in order to get where I am today, it is absurd that anyone could ever think that I am spoiled. Every luxury AND necessity that I possess my husband and I have worked and sacrificed for and we are STILL working and sacrificing in order to keep them.

However, if you define spoiled as being blessed with the good things life has to offer like the BEST husband in the world, two amazing daughters, health and happiness! Then you may be right! Only God knows my whole story of how I got where I am today. Only He knows about the struggles, the late night prayers and tears. I can truly say that I am blessed because God continues to supply all my needs. As I am writing I am overwhelmed with joy because I am so grateful that God loves me unconditionally and even though I may not be perfect He still sees fit to bless me. So………..

Do I like nice things? Heck yeah!
Do I believe that I am entitled to nice things? Yeah, sometimes!
Do I work hard for nice things? Heck to the yeah!
Do I deserve nice things? You better believe it!

But please don’t call me spoiled. Call me blessed and highly favored by God!

3 comments:

Alicia on February 2, 2011 at 12:57 AM said...

You are blessed. Believe it!

Anonymous said...

I would never think to call you spoiled, although I don't know you that well. BUT spoiled is a relative term, So I guess some people who have much less would look at any one of us and think we are spoiled.
I myself call myself fortunate and there are times that I can't believe that I have been given such good fortune in life. Luck of the draw? All in lifes plan for you or destiny? Hard work and planning? I don't know. Certainly some people have planned better than myself, worked harder and still don't experience the good fortune I have had. I believe in God and a plan and I guess I answer to him!

Jan

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Diane

Post a Comment