What I Wish I Knew at 16

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

At 16 I wish I knew:

1. that not all my "friends" meant the best for me
2. that my metabolism would come to almost a complete halt
3. that when a teenage boy says I love you he probably doesn't really mean it
4. it was okay that I didn't have the latest name brand clothes
5. that not learning those math formulas in algebra will come back to haunt me in college
6. to enjoy being young.... there is no rush to grow up
7. that the mistakes I made will only make me wiser
8. how I felt about myself is more important than how others felt about me
9. that the hurtful situations that I thought I would never forget...will all be forgotten.
10. that my mother wasn't always wrong

What do you wish you knew at 16?

me at sixteen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could go on for days...I love this one!

1. Cherish your parents, dont ever disrespect them, you will miss them dearly when they are gone.

2. Just because my friends had a nicer house and lived in a better neighborhood, did not mean they were better off.

3.My mom wanted the best for me, even when we didn't get along, had fights, and I felt she didn't understand.

4. You look good girl!!!!! I wish I knew what would happen to my body after college, marriage, and a baby.

5. Don't believe those teenage boys!

6. Take your time!!! Take that extra year in college, there is no rush!

7. Say I love you to your family every time you see them. You never know when it's your last time seeing someone.

I will stop now:) Love all your too!

~Karitsa

kita on April 27, 2011 at 11:20 PM said...

Parents were our age once so I know when I was 16 I thought my mom was crazy but now as a mom I see what she was trying to teach me. Everyone one yours I love and wish I could do it all over again.

Shannon on April 28, 2011 at 9:37 AM said...

Hi there! Great post!! I wrote my daughter a book for graduation entitled "100 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Left Home". Anyways, just stopping by to say hello to my Blogirlfriend! :)

Hope your Easter was fabulous! Now back to read more from you! :)

Shannon
http://hercuprunsover.com

Alicia on May 3, 2011 at 1:42 AM said...

Mistakes only make you stronger... such wise words. I'd tell my 16 year old self that, contrary to popular belief, I don't know everything and there is always more to learn.

Alicia on May 3, 2011 at 1:43 AM said...

And by "popular belief," I mean "my belief," which was/is quite popular to me. LOL. Cheers!

Post a Comment